The Other End of Sunset

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tap dancing on the precipice of irony

I woke up this morning
And now I understand
What it means to give your life
to just one man
--Sheryl Crow, "Home"

(First, I understand that Eitan and the rest of the Associate Crew @ the Big G in the sky are disappointed that I haven't posted more often. Sorry, working on it now, will do better!)

Today's post is a non sequitur.

It turns out that there are some folks who read my blog and internalized one thing: They learned that I don't like travel.

Although that may be true, it's a bit like reading "Lord of the Flies" and deciding it's about how to build a campfire.

I'm just saying.

Did you know when you go,
It's the perfect ending
to the bad day
I'd gotten used to spending
--Sheryl Crow, "My Favorite Mistake"

5 Comments:

  • Gee, it's a pleasant surprise to see that you've updated your blog.
    To be frank, recently I've even thought of stopping being an "otherender" as I've seen the "Has Anyone Seen the Movie Jaws" for months.
    ps. I like it when you post something short that still gives me a chance to smile.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:08 AM  

  • It's probably attributable to Claude Shannon or some other information theory great, (I heard it from Tom Cover), but isn't the definition of communication "the transmitter inducing the desired state in the receiver"? Presumably regardless of capacity issues, filtering, etc. I'm just saying.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:45 PM  

  • _Lord of the Flies_ is about lighting a fire? Gee, and I always thought it was about weight-lifting of conch shells.

    By Blogger Demimondian, at 9:26 AM  

  • So, what will inspire you to write, more? You're a talented writer, but somewhat obscure, in a way. I'll check in now and again. Write something new and interesting. Please.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

  • Thanks for the update Douglas :) Hope you're doing well!

    By Anonymous Eitan, at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home