The Other End of Sunset

Monday, June 23, 2008

Another anniversary

Two years ago, at about 1:30pm Pacific, Jeanne died.

I feel fuzzy, like my brain is wrapped in cotton. I am flying to London this afternoon, so I guess I'll be able to sleep though much of today.

Thanks for the comments many of you have sent me. Bob, for the poem/thoughts. JM, for the kind email. SL, as always.

I still miss you, Jeanne. I hope you are painting, and playing with happy dogs, and sitting in the sun somewhere.

3 Comments:

  • A few of your previous posts have made me almost cry & I don't even know you. I'm so sorry for your loss & my thoughts are with you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • Hi. I really enjoyed your blog. You have wonderful insight. Hang in there.

    By Blogger Shakespere, at 5:17 AM  

  • Hi Doug

    I was actually checking out your bio after rereading a Fast Company article about you that I meant to research. I liked your story.

    But saw your post, and it made me want to leave a comment. Don't know the Jeanne story, but just about to trip over a 3 year anniversary myself, and wanted to say that for me, the 2 year mark was the hardest, but since then it has been easier. Not sure that will bring you any comfort, but just know another SL in the world is sending good energy your way...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home